Friday, February 25, 2011

Office 2.0

I've been enjoying getting reacquainted with Google docs this week. The first time I used these tools was in 2008 when I was helping with some volunteer coordination for the We Are Many festival. After some of the more tech-savvy coordinators introduced Google docs to me, I was quickly impressed by the collaboration and sharing features of these very useful tools. Speaking of We Are Many, the organization is still alive and well, with a number of inspiring projects under way around town.

I've noticed a few people discussing the differences between Google docs and Microsoft Office. Just today, I also noticed the recently launched Google Cloud Connect. This free toolbar (plug-in) for MS Office allows you to share and collaboratively edit MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint files, similar to how Google docs files are shared. Not sure what I think of this yet... especially as I have not tried it out. Mashable--a social media and technology news source--discusses it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment