Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Perhaps this is the second post

So I realized that I forgot to mention some crucial information in my Thing 3 post. Everyone needs to adjust their blog Settings to allow for comments to show up. Go to the Comments link under the Settings tab. There are three main things to consider here. First, click on "Show" as opposed to "Hide". Second, under "Who Can Comment?", I would recommend choosing Registered Users (anyone who is able to log into Blogger). And third, you will need to decide if you want to moderate comments. It seems unlikely that you will experience comment spam from outside sources, so I think it's fairly safe to click on "Never" or "Only on posts older than..." This way everyone's comments will show up immediately, and it will make the leaving of comments more satisfying.

Also, I forgot to mention that you need to separate your labels with commas. Labels become links and therefore need to be distinguished from one another by the separation of a comma.

And I furthermore forgot to mention that you will probably want to add the Labels gadget, if you want your labels to show up on your blog, as opposed to remaining "behind the scenes" so to speak.

Okay, now what do I think about blogging? I haven't had the chance to use it in a library context until now. A number of years ago, I started a blog. But since I was the only one who read it, it kind of defeated the purpose of having a blog. So this time around, I am looking forward to maintaining a blog that can actually be shared and read by others. Time to join that social media revolution.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah,
    You sure know a lot of technological
    stuff. I am happy that you can teach
    it to us in a simple effective way.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you're learning lots and having fun! When it comes to this Web 2.0 stuff, it's basically just a matter of trial and error for me. I really don't know all that much... until I try something out. And we have a great 23 Things team -- I have learned a lot from them.

    ReplyDelete