Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This would be the first post

This is kind of an afterthought, but it makes sense to follow along with my own blog. After all, if I can't follow my own instructions, something is surely amiss.

Being a part of the 23 Things team has been an incredible learning experience. When I volunteered for this team, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. And now as I look back upon these past few months, I am thinking that was likely for the best. Needless to say, I would have missed out on a good thing... a good 23 things.

I have had my iGoogle page for a while now, but it doesn't seem to be something that I prefer using on a regular basis. Kind of hard to explain. I enjoy the idea of a start page, but for some reason I continue to prefer my regular homepage and bookmarks. Still, I can see the benefit of having a one-stop shop as a starting point - especially if I am not using my own laptop or work computer.

Prior to joining the 23 Things team, I was familiar with the majority of the things we decided to include in this program, and I had used many of them... iGoogle, Google Docs, RSS feeds, Facebook, social bookmarking, podcasting, etc. However, I have already learned a great deal since then, and I am sure I will continue to learn much more as the next 11 weeks unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment